WEF Davos 2011: second report and global CEO survey
I have scanned the outputs, reports and videos to pick up issues of importance for your organisations. The big themes that are initially coming through appear to be:
1. The “new reality” is the shift of economic power to the East and related issues:
- Unbalanced world economy including 2 growth rates (developing at 6% and more: developed at 2,5% and less)
- Leadership and governance at nation level – will the “developing economies” show the necessary leadership and responsibility that goes with their new roles?
- Western China, S. E. Asia and India will be the new low cost manufacturing hubs
2. Massive risks and uncertainties abound
- Remaining economic uncertainty – including among others European debt and the threat of inflation, especially among developing economies
- Possible energy and food crises
- National protectionism and cross-border restrictions
- Interconnectedness of everything – companies, supply chains, governments and finances
– all of the above making strategic decision making even tougher in this new reality.
However, there is also good news – CEO’s are more positive about growth in both the short-term and the long-term according to an excellent Global CEO Survey 2011 produced by PwC for the Davos forum. This finding plus a number of other fascinating facts are revealed in the executive summary of the report that you can download by clicking below. Responses include sources of future growth, outsourcing trends, major risks faced and issues around talent shortage and talent management.
For further information around Davos outputs or a presentation (and facilitated discussion) around these presentations, please contact Simon at email@example.com.
If you do not want to miss subsequent Davos reports or other critical information posted at this site, please subscribe and receive updates of all new postings.