Here is a great story about a 9 year old boy who shows true entrepreneurship. Not only is the story inspiring, it is guaranteed to bring a smile to your lips. The video clip is 10 minutes long but trust me, it is time well spent.
Not only is it a fun video, it is also full of good lessons for entrepreneurs too. What you take out of it may depend upon your personal context, but for me some of the entrepreneurial qualities Cain displayed were:
- Working in an area that was his true passion
- Creative use of what is it hand if other resources not available
- Dedication to the business – even when things go slowly
- A keen understanding of pricing points and how to up-sell a customer
- A focus on the experience he was creating – not the financial returns,
- Constant innovation – but within a clear strategic direction (cardboard arcade machines)
- An infectious enthusiasm that inspires others to help.